The fastMRI Discourse platform is available only for your personal and informational purposes, so that persons interested in the fastMRI Challenge competition (“fastMRI competition”) and participants in the fastMRI competition may have a place to discuss the fastMRI competition and program. We make no representations or warranties of any kind as to the accuracy, currency, or completeness of the information and other materials made available through the fastMRI Discourse platform. In particular, we are not liable for any decisions you may make in reliance of the content available on the fastMRI Discourse program.
We provide to you and others the fastMRI Discourse platform in connection with the fastMRI competition. We ask that you make the following commitments:
- Provide accurate information about yourself.
- Not participate in the fastMRI competition if you are under 183 years old (or the minimum legal age in your country to participate.
- You are not prohibited from receiving our products, services, or software under applicable laws.
You may not access or use, or attempt to access or use, the fastMRI Discourse program to take any action that could harm us or any third party, interfere with the operation of the fastMRI Discourse platform, or use the fastMRI Discourse platform in a manner that violates any laws. For example, and without limitation, you may not:
- do or share anything that breaches these Terms or other applicable terms;
- upload viruses or malicious code or do anything that could disable, overburden, or impair the proper working or appearance of the fastMRI Discourse platform or the fastMRI website or platform (“fastMRI Platform”);
- access or collect data from the fastMRI Platform using automated means (without our prior permission) or attempt to access data you do not have permission to access;
- submit content that infringes on the copyright, trademark, patent, or other intellectual property rights of any third party, are false, misleading, libelous, defamatory, obscene, abusive, hateful, or sexually-explicit, violate a third party’s right to privacy or publicity, or degrade others on the basis of gender, race, class, ethnicity, national origin, religion, sexual preference, disability, or other classification; and
- engage in any other conduct that restricts or inhibits any person from using or enjoying the fastMRI Discourse platform or that, in our sole judgment, exposes us or any of our users, affiliates, or any other third party to any liability, damages, or detriment of any type.
Violations of system or network security may result in liability. We may investigate and work with law enforcement authorities to prosecute users who violate the Terms. We may suspend or terminate your access to the fastMRI Discourse platform for any reason at any time without notice.
You can delete content from the fastMRI Discourse platform through the contact information provided below in these Terms. When you delete content, it is no longer visible to other users, however it may continue to exist elsewhere on our systems where:
- immediate deletion is not possible due to technical limitations;
- your content has been used by others in accordance with this license and they have not deleted it; or
- where immediate deletion would restrict our ability to:
- investigate or identify illegal activity or violations of our terms and policies (for example, to identify or investigate misuse of our products or systems, including the fastMRI Discourse platform, the fastMRI Platform and the fastMRI competition);
- comply with a legal obligation, such as the preservation of evidence; or
- comply with a request of a judicial or administrative authority, law enforcement or a government agency;
in which case, the content will be retained for no longer than is necessary for the purposes for which it has been retained (the exact duration will vary on a case-by-case basis).
The fastMRI Discourse platform is protected under copyright law in the United States. All copyrights in the fastMRI Discourse platform are owned by us or our third-party licensors. Except for content that you have posted on the fastMRI Discourse platform that is consistent with these Terms, you may not publish, reproduce, distribute, display, perform, edit, adapt, modify, or otherwise exploit any part of the fastMRI Discourse platform without our written consent.
We respect intellectual property rights. If you believe in good faith that your work has been reproduced or is accessible on the fastMRI Discourse platform in a way that constitutes copyright infringement, please provide our designated agent with the following information in writing:
- identification of the copyrighted work or a representative list of copyrighted works claimed to have been infringed;
- identification of the allegedly infringing material and information reasonably sufficient to permit us to locate the material;
- your name, address and a daytime telephone number, and an email address if available, so that we may contact you if necessary;
- a statement that the information in the notification is accurate, and under penalty of perjury, that the complaining party is authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed;
- a statement that you have a good faith belief that the use of the material in the manner complained of is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law; and
- a physical or electronic signature of a person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of the exclusive right that is allegedly infringed.
Our designated agent may be reached by contacting:
Facebook Designated Agent, Facebook, Inc.
1601 Willow Road
Menlo Park, CA 94025
Upon receipt of a valid notice of claimed infringement (or any statement in conformance with 17 U.S.C. § 512©(3)), we will expeditiously remove or disable access to the allegedly infringing content. We will terminate the privileges of users who repeatedly infringe copyright.
The permissions you give us
We need certain permissions from you to provide our services:
- Permission to use content you create and share: Some pages of fastMRI Discourse may permit you to share or upload content, such as photos or videos, some of which may be protected by intellectual property laws. You own the intellectual property rights (things like copyright or trademarks) in any such content that you create in the fastMRI Discourse platform. Nothing in these Terms takes away the rights you have to your own content. You are free to share your content with anyone else, wherever you want. However, to provide our services we need you to give us some legal permissions (known as a “license”) to use this content. This is solely for the purposes described in these Terms. Specifically, when you share, or upload content that is covered by intellectual property rights to the fastMRI Discourse platform, you grant us a non-exclusive, transferable, sub-licensable, royalty-free, and worldwide license to host, use, distribute, modify, run, copy, publicly perform or display, translate, and create derivative works of your content. The fastMRI Discourse platform may retain and continue to use the information and content you share or submit to us for the purposes of administering the fastMRI competition,even if you delete that information or content or delete your fastMRI Discourse account, for security, fraud & abuse prevention purposes (such as being able to detect and prevent multiple entries from the same individuals or fraudulent entries), for record-keeping purposes and for ensuring the continuity of our services (for example, if the fastMRI competition is renewed). You agree that the license you grant us under these Terms of Service will survive and continue to apply to the fastMRI Discourse platform and our use of the content and information after you delete your information or content from the fastMRI Discourse platform or delete your fastMRI Discourse account.
- Permission to send you notices and other communications: You agree that we may provide you with notices by email, regular mail or postings on the fastMRI Discourse platform.
Limits on using our intellectual property
Unless otherwise expressly permitted in these Terms or by law, you may not copy, distribute, display or perform publicly, sublicense, decompile, disassemble, reduce to human readable form, execute publicly, make available to the public, adapt, make commercial use, process, compile, translate, sell, lend, rent, reverse engineer, combine with other software, modify or create derivative works of any part of the fastMRI Discourse platform, which are subject to intellectual property rights or other proprietary rights, either by yourself or by a third party on your behalf, in any way or by any means, including, but not limited to electronic, mechanical or optical means.
If you use content covered by intellectual property rights that we have and make available in the fastMRI Discourse platform (for example, images, designs, videos, or other content we provide), we retain all rights to that content (but not yours).
Account Suspension or Termination
If we determine that you have breached our terms or policies, we may suspend your account. We may also suspend or disable your account if you repeatedly infringe other people’s intellectual property rights or where we are required to do so for legal reasons.
Limitation of Liabilities
The fastMRI Discourse platform is provided “as is” without warranties of any kind, either express or implied, including, without limitation, warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, title, non-infringement, or other violation of rights. We do not warrant the adequacy, currency, accuracy, likely results, or completeness of the fastMRI Discourse platform or any third-party sites linked to or from the fastMRI Discourse platform, or that the functions provided will be uninterrupted, virus, or error-free. We expressly disclaim any liability for any errors or omissions in the content included in the fastMRI Discourse platform or any third-party sites linked to or from the fastMRI Discourse platform. Some jurisdictions may not allow the exclusion of implied warranties, so some of the above exclusions may not apply to you.
You agree that your access to and use of the fastMRI Discourse platform will be governed by and will be construed in accordance with the laws of the State of California without regard to principles of conflicts of laws. For any claim, cause of action, or dispute you have against us that arises out of or relates to these Terms, you agree that it will be resolved exclusively in the U.S. District Court for the Northern District of California or a state court located in San Mateo County.
Updating our Terms
We work constantly to improve the fastMRI Discourse platform and develop new features to make it better for you and our community. As a result, we may need to update these Terms from time to time to accurately reflect our services and practices. Once any updated Terms are in effect, you will be bound by them if you continue to use the fastMRI Discourse platform.
We hope that you will continue using the fastMRI Discourse platform, but if you do not agree to our updated Terms and no longer want to be a part of fastMRI Discourse, you can delete your account at any time.